Wednesday, December 20, 2006

operation and recovery

Here's a drill going into one of my bones in preparation for attaching my new ACL. (which it turns out was the simplest part of the entire surgery)

And here is my new ACL.

Here's my ripped and broken femur. Turns out I basically broke a bone. So six weeks no weight on it while it heals. See that pink part in the middle? That's exposed femur bone. It should be covered in a nice white cartilage.

Here is the cartilage reattached (with nails). It was floating around in my knee joint area.

Here I am on the couch with my newly reconstructed leg watching the 2006 Tour of Flanders (thanks John!).


Headed back to the doc today for an update.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang man, just think, though, Museeuw almost DIED from a messed up knee, and then he came back to win Paris Roubaix.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm sorry I haven't gotten those videos to you. Things have been crazy for us, but that is no excuse. We'll be back xmas eve and I'll hopefully see you then . . .