Wednesday, February 27, 2008

no frozen toes

What the hell was that last post? Waste of digital space is what. Meanwhile life goes on and on. Bridget is in her 3rd week of work at the new job! Going well with few frustrations along the way getting settled into her position. I stayed home with Nora last week when there was no school because of the snow (if you blinked you missed it) and then she got sick on Friday. Of course it was friday when she got sick, always does. And of course we should have gone to the doctor on Friday but I thought, maybe she'll get over it quickly...she didn't Sunday at 10am she still wasn't well so I took her into Urgent Care. Urgent Care, of course, costs 2x as much as a regular visit, and it turns out she had strep. Should've gone in Friday. Didn't feel well myself all weekend and that combined with taking Nora in kept me from even watching Froze Toes. So now with that out of the way, I have 7 months to build up to 'cross season. Normally of course running is required in cx but since I can't run, my dismounts will have to be slower and i will step over the barriers instead of jumping. All this means I will have to be faster on the bike. Actually maybe by then I'll be able to jog slowly and even if I can't I'll have to work on my dis- and re-mounts so I don't lose anytime there.

No comments: