Wednesday, June 20, 2007

there are no strings (or braces) on me!

Saw the Doc this morning. He was pleased to see that I am seemingly whole in body again. Not only do I have a working ACL but also it appears that my femur has healed. Evidently if it wasn't healed then I would certainly be in much pain and agony. I told him it was still tender inside the joint and had a sharp pain once in a while but he thought that was normal and was unconcerned about the cartilige fragment we were so worried about.

So...I can ride without the brace now. I can start weaning myself off the brace otherwise. And I don't have to go back to physical therapy. Still need to do muscle exercises like leg presses, quad curls, swimming and elliptical machine, etc.

5 comments:

S. Smith said...

That just completely rocks!

Haricot Verts said...

cannot wait to return and join you for some riding. That is if they let me leave....

S. Smith said...

Yeah! When do you get back? My bro's going to be here for about a month in July and August, we'll have some great rides then

Haricot Verts said...

I hope to return on August 1st but turn around and leave the next day for Leadville. Nothing like going from sealevel to alpine in 48 hours. Then do a ride over Copper, Leadville and Vail pass all topping out over 10,000 feet. Then resting to do Leadville 100 which tops out around 12,000.I am taking a lamaze class to help me learn to breath better for riding and I am pregnant....

Dean Hargett said...

You are pregnant?! Seth is going to drag me around Ol' No. 7 tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how that goes.