Wednesday, October 04, 2006

1/3 marathon

Update of recent events:

Ran my legs off Sunday October 1, doing two legs of a 3 leg relay as part of the Columbia Half Marathon. Our team finished 9th overall in the teams division. There were 36 teams so that is really great! I ran for 1 hour and 7 minutes but I don't know how far. Sometime I have to get out and ride it with my bike and see what the old odometer says. Next year I'll do the whole thing on my own.

Next (foot)race is in one week at Rock Bridge State Park. Should be a cool trail run. I think I'll do the 20k option.

Next cyclo-cross race is Bubba #1. Sunday Oct. 15 at Creve Coeuer Park in St. Louis. Photos and results soon. I heard there was to be a Bubba race in Columbia but that was shot down by the parks dept. dimwits. I'll take my cash and go somewhere else. Hey Josh, what about the field down below the Alpine Tower on the MU campus? It's better than Stephens Lake. Speaking of cyclocross I went out last night with Seth to said field. Had a good hard workout there. The Redline is working great. If I don't do well Sunday, I have only myself to blame.

Sept. 10 Sam and I took the road I course here in town. We are both now officially licensed road cyclists.

Nora has biked to school every day so far except one and that wasn't her fault. It was raining or Bridget had to go somewhere. Something like that. Sam too. Now that he is a certified cyclist he can (and did before) ride to school everyday. He even takes the busy route by choice. Go figger. Give him 30 more years of riding to work and school and he'll look for the quiet streets.

Speaking of Nora, she was elected president of her homeroom. She has to chair class meetings every Monday and Friday. I don't know what all she has to do but she does it with great aplomb I am sure. Now she wishes she had gone for bigger fish and ran for 3rd grade student council representative

Tonight? Tonight we are going to go sit in the cold, drink hot chocolate (we may have to have two thermoses: one adult and one kids) and watch the MU soccer team get beat again. They started so well! What happened?

No comments: