Tuesday, October 17, 2006

mighty mighty c's

Raced Sunday.









Everything went well;












I didn't fall over the barriers









or skid out in the gravel.









And best of all I won.

Let me tell you, it feels good to win, finally. I have been close many times but I don't believe I have ever won an athletic contest before. So even if it is the Cs race of a local series it is really nice. Back in grade school I couldn't (and still can't) play basketball or any of those damn sports; I always ended up getting hit in the face with the ball and bending my glasses. Really awkward. I tried track in 8th grade and came in dead last. Sucked, I tell you.

This Sunday will be a big test. 20k trail run. I have a feeling I may be slow on the trail. I don't want to roll an ankle or screw up my knees. Gotta Bubba race again the next week.

Buddy, the USCF official, said, "I'll guess we'll have to move you up to the Bs now" So that's where I'll go. Back to the middle of the pack.

A huge amount of thanks goes to Karl at Klunk for all the help he provided getting me set up on my bike. It worked great!

1 comment:

Butthead said...

A win is a win! Nice job.