Tuesday, December 13, 2005

the latest happy couple

My sister-in-law, Michel, got married this past weekend to the gent on the left, Doug. I did the ceremony which I believe was the shortest yet. It could not have been longer than 2 minutes. Even then I forgot my lines. Michel had written out everything I was to say but when I got done with the reading, vows and the rings, I wanted to say and she wanted me to say that, "having witnessed your vows along with your family and friends, I am happy to announce that you are now husband and wife." I forgot the family and friends. Seriously I think it has taken longer to read this thing that it did to do the ceremony. Afterward we adjourned for food and drinks. All in the same room in Doug's sister's home. Doug is a great guy, I really like him and I am happy to have him join with me in the family.

No comments: